Lorne K. Wagner Memorial Award
The SES/CSA Lorne K. Wagner Memorial Award was established in 2001 to recognize an SES member who has made an outstanding contribution to SES. The Award consists of a professionally mounted Citation, and is presented at the SES Annual Conference.
This Award is presented by invitation of the Board of Directors, upon the recommendation of the Awards Committee, to recognize noteworthy contribution or service to the growth and development of SES, through:
- Exceptional achievement as an SES Officer, or,
- Exceptional contribution to SES by any member.
The Award is presented on an annual basis.
Only individuals who are current members of SES are eligible for nomination.
Past award recipients
2019 SES/CSA Lorne K. Wagner Memorial Award Recipient:
Recipient: Karen Reczek -NIST
Karen Reczek began volunteering with SES as soon as she joined the Society in 2011. She stepped up to fill the then vacant chair position of the SES Education Committee. Karen moved on to become the Education Council Director, serving on the SES Board of Directors in 2015. Over the past seven years she has contributed her time and energy to furthering the goals of the Society. Karen serves as Education Council director until this summer and she was recently named on the slate of candidates for vice-president. The valuable contributions she has made to SES are listed below:
- Implemented sponsorship of the SES webinars so they could be offered to members for free.
- Developed the SES Education Committee Service plan and it was used as a model for other SES Committees.
- Developed a tracking system for all webinar topics, and speakers, number of registrants, revenue , etc.
- Conduct a SWOT analysis of SES competitors
- Compiled a listing of competitor offerings for continuing education in standards
- Developed a tracking sheet for all CE course offerings and revenue
- Initiated a program to follow up to join with non-members that had attended webinars
- Assisted in the development of the Webinar speaker coordinator checklists, speaker confirmation forms, etc.
- Working with legal counsel revised SES Intellectual Property rights agreements with speakers.
- Identified and coordinated numerous webinar and conference speakers
- Participated as a conference moderator in the Baltimore Annual Conference
- Led the planning and implementation of SES CE courses on Monday and Thursday’s, 2013-present
- Served as a speaker/presenter for a segment of the SES Fundamentals of Standards and Development Course, in Denver and in Chicago.
- Worked with Marketing Committee to move e-newsletter to MailChimp and to implement Google analytics.
- Developed targeted mailings to SDOs and universities to promote registration to SES courses and conferences.
- Assist in the posting of SES content to SES LinkedIn Group and sharing with other LinkedIn Groups.
- Led the development of the current SES Strategic Plan /Action Plan
- Acted as liaison with SES and ICES for the Ottawa Annual Conference
- Spearheading advertising rates project to increase revenues.
Member, SES Bibliography Subteam, 2016
Member, SES Student Scholarship Awards Committee, 2017-present
Member, SES Education Committee Webinar Subteam, 2011 - present
Chair, SES Education Committee Training Subteam, 2013-present
Member, SES Conference Planning Committee, 2014-2018
Member, SES Conference Logistics Committee, 2016-2018
Member, SES Leadership Development Committee, 2014
Chair, SES Education Committee, 2011-2015
Member, SES Board of Directors, Education Council Director 2015 - present
Chair, SES Strategic Planning Committee 2015 – present
For each nomination, include individual name, organization, and contact information. Also, provide a supporting statement of 350 words or less stating the achievements in support of the nomination.
Using the nomination form as a guide, you can submit qualified nominations in one of three ways:
Email: SES Executive Director
Telephone: 1 309-716-6504
SES - The Society for Standards Professionals
1950 Lafayette Road
Portsmouth, NH 03801
View Past Recipients of the SES/CSA Lorne K. Wagner Memorial Award