SES - The Society for Standards Professionals
Thompson Consulting, Inc.
jointly sponsor and present the following course
Standards for Industry and Government
This course is designed to provide a more advanced review of standards, in particular, their relationship to innovation and regulation, and the benefits of having a strategic approach to standardization. Current emerging standards-related issues will be discussed. Attendees also will earn 15 credits towards the SES Certification program for standards professionals.
Topics covered will include:
• Standards and Innovation
• Regulatory Use of Standards
• Strategic Standardization
• Emerging Standards Issues
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Describe the general concept of innovation and the role of standards
• Explain the regulatory use of standards and its benefits
• Explain strategic standardization management and how to implement it in your organization or industry
• Consider emerging standards issues that may affect your sector
• Locate additional resources
Who should attend
Corporate management, government and public administration staff, standards developing organization staff, and faculty and students in such disciplines as engineering, law, public policy, and business.
Diane C. Thompson is an internationally recognized expert with more than 30 years of experience in standards and trade-related matters. President of Thompson Consulting, Inc. since 2001, Ms. Thompson provides a broad range of consulting and educational services to national standards bodies, government agencies, standards developers, associations, and private companies worldwide. Ms. Thompson is an active member of SES and held positions on the Board of Directors for a number of years, including SES President from 1997 to 1999. She was named a Fellow of the Society in 1996 and served as Editor of the SES Journal, Standards Engineering, from January 2003 to June 2013.