Benefits of Organization Membership
Organizations wanting to improve their use of standards to increase productivity and to promote knowledge of the value of standardization to their organization are eligible to become Organization Members of SES.
Membership entitles your organization to name ten employees to become individual members of SES and to receive their copies of the bimonthly journal, Standards Engineering, attend conferences and training courses at reduced rates, and take advantage of professional growth opportunities. Membership benefits your employees but there are also important strategic and cost-savings benefits for your organization as listed below.
- Improved organizational productivity and competitive advantage through
- awareness of key standards issues and
- access to a network of standards professionals
- Special member registration fee at the SES annual conference for all your employees
- Special member registration fee at any SES-sponsored professional development course for all your employees
- Attend any or all SES Webinars at no cost
- Opportunity to name up to 10 employees from your organization as SES individual members
- Ten complimentary annual subscriptions to Standards Engineering ($300 value)
- Complimentary copy of SES-1, Recommended Practice for Designation and Organization of Standards ($35 value)
- Complimentary copy of SES-2, Model Procedure for the Development of Standards ($35 value)
- Complimentary copy of Economics of Standardization ($12 value)
- Personalized Certificate to Recognize Organization Membership
- Organization link from SES web site
- A unique role in influencing the strategic direction of SES and an opportunity to provide input to the International Federation of Standards Users (IFAN)
- Improved workforce ability and retention through relevant educational programs
- Increased visibility for your organization in the standards community
1. Getting Started: To become an SES Organization Member, you must send your completed membership application form and remittance to the address shown on the bottom of the application. It is important to identify the primary point of contact for your organization who will receive materials and be responsible for distributing membership benefits throughout the organization. While it is not mandatory, you may name up to 10 employees to receive SES individual membership benefits, and substitute the names of any individuals should the need arise later.
2. The Benefits Begin: Upon receipt of your application form and remittance, we will send the named individual an organization membership certificate. We will also send your designated contact complimentary copies of SES-1, the only American National Standard on standards, SES-2, the standard on model procedures for standards development, and Economics of Standardization.
3. Membership = Influence: With membership comes influence in two ways. First, your organization plays a unique role in influencing the strategic direction of the Society. Secondly, SES is the official United States and Canada representative to the International Federation of Standards Users (IFAN). IFAN is the standards users’ voice to international standards developing organizations, including ISO and IEC. As an organization member, you have an opportunity to influence the global standards development process by providing input to SES positions or actively participating in IFAN surveys, work groups, and other efforts.
4. Competitive Advantage: Knowledge and information provide organizations with the advantage needed to be successful in today’s competitive world. The annual SES conference brings together standards professionals from around the world to exchange ideas, discuss issues, and offer solutions. No other conference offers such a breadth and variety of standards-related topics. It gives your employees an opportunity to network with leaders in the field of standards and make new, valuable contacts in industry, government, and standards developing organizations. Your organization membership gives your employees reduced registration fees at the annual conference.
5. Organization Recognition: Membership gives your organization an opportunity for greater recognition through acknowledgement on the SES web site and a direct link to your organization web site; recognition as an organization member in the SES Directory. Your organization will also receive a personalized certificate to recognize your commitment in SES.
6. Quality Workforce: SES can improve the competence of your standards professionals in two ways. First, SES offers continuing education courses that help its members improve their standardization skills and become more valuable employees, membership gives your employees reduced course registration fees. Secondly, the SES Certification Program gives your employees an opportunity to be recognized for their technical competence in standards. Such recognition is important to both the employer and customer.
Click here to join!