Benefits of Individual Membership
1. Information: Current, reliable information is essential to success on the job and in the marketplace. Membership in SES keeps you up-to-date on the major issues concerning standards, standardization, and conformity assessment. As an SES member, you will receive the bimonthly journal, Standards Engineering, which features award-winning papers and articles from some of the leading experts in standards and standardization.
2. Networking: Membership gives you a discount on registration fees when attending the annual SES conference, which brings together standards professionals from around the world to exchange ideas, discuss problems, and offer solutions. No other conference offers such a breadth and variety of standards-related topics. The SES annual conference is your chance to network with leaders in the field of standards and make new, valuable contacts in industry, government, and standards developing organizations.
3. Points of Contact: With membership, you will have access to the SES Membership Directory, which provides hundreds of points of contact when you need information or have a problem. You will find that SES is a collegial society where members represent a variety of industries, government agencies, standards developing organizations, and companies, and try to help other members.
4. Certification: The SES Certification Program recognizes ability, achievement, and technical competence in the areas of standards development, standards management, standards application, and standards information. Membership not only keeps you informed on becoming a certified standards professional, it gives you a discount if you decide to apply for certification.
5. Continuing Education: SES offers continuing education courses and webinars that help its members improve their standardization skills and become more valuable employees. Membership makes you aware of standards-related courses, gives you a discount on any SES-sponsored course and allows you to attend any or all of the SES Webinars.
6. Recognition: SES has an awards program that recognizes outstanding contributions by its member in standards and standardization in achieving the Society’s mission of promoting the use of standards and enhancing the knowledge of standardization. Membership gives you an opportunity to be recognized by your colleagues, and to let your employer know that you excel at your profession.
7. Making a Difference: SES membership gives you the opportunity to make a difference, whether it is chairing or participating on one of its committees, helping to organize the annual conference, contributing to the body of knowledge and information on standards, or answering a question from the public on the SES web site.
Click here to join SES!