Please join our speaker Stephen J. Elliott, Ph.D.,
Director of the International Center for Biometric Research at Purdue University,
for the April 2016 SES Webinar:
The Integration of Academic Research and Standards - Benefits for Both Communities
Thursday, April 28, 2016 from 1:00 – 2:30 pm ET
Free to SES Members; $50 for non-members
The webinar will be moderated and there will be opportunity for questions.
Note - This webinar is scheduled for a Thursday, not the usual schedule on a Wednesday
About the Webinar:
There has been an increased focus of many SDOs to integrate standards in the academic curriculum. From the perspective of faculty, the webinar will cover some of the challenges, the opportunities, and illustrate some successful case studies that show benefits for both communities.
About the Speaker:
Stephen J. Elliott obtained his Ph.D. in 2001. Dr. Stephen Elliott is an associate professor with an appointment in Technology, Leadership and Innovation at Purdue University, where he has been a member of the faculty since 2001. He is the Director of the International Center for Biometric Research (ICBR). Dr. Elliott also served as the Assistant Director of the Center for Education and Research in Information Assurance and Security. Dr. Elliott serves on a number of advisory and standards boards, and has been honored for his teaching, research and work in the voluntary consensus standards. He has published 100 articles on biometrics, ranging from chapters, journal articles and conference proceedings, and has given numerous talks on biometric research. Dr. Elliott is also active in teaching and learning activities at Purdue University. He received many awards, including the INCITS Chairman's Award in 2011, IEC Young Professional in 2011, and outstanding tenured faculty member in 2010. Dr. Elliott has also co-edited a number of international and national standards, and was a US delegate to ISO/IEC SC 37 Biometric Standards Committee. Dr. Elliott serves on the ANSI Committee on Education, and as a member of the INCITS Executive Board.
This Webinar is sponsored by Techstreet
SES-The Society for Standards Professionals (SES) is pleased to offer you a license to view our Webinar and associated materials with the following provisions:
1. SES licenses access to Webinar and associated materials for a specific individual who is
registered with SES and is provided by SES and/or its contracted supplier(s) access information and a
password. This access is not to be shared, forwarded, posted or duplicated by the named specific individual.
2. No license is granted for charging admission to others for access to, or viewing of Webinar or
3. Copying of Webinar and associated materials is prohibited; please contact SES if you have a
need to copy or distribute materials.
4. Webinar and associated materials are not to be further posted on any media, a computer or
network, or other method which allows access to others.
5. No license is granted for multiple individuals to view the Webinar and associated materials;
please contact SES for specific pricing for multiple individual viewers.
6. SES is not responsible for any content or opinions presented in the Webinar and associated
materials and these may or may not represent the views of SES, its employees, officers, directors or members.
7. Copyright of the Webinar is held by SES and by the supplier(s) and licensed to SES. All rights reserved.
8. This license, including and allowing access to Webinar and associated materials, expires twelve months after the event.
9. No other terms specific or implied exist. This is a specific notice that should be attached to the title page/beginning of every (virtual) document: “Warning: This Webinar, or an embodiment of it in any media, discloses information which is proprietary, is the property of SES-the Society for Standards Professionals and/or its contracted supplier(s), is an unpublished work protected under applicable copyright laws, and is delivered on the express condition that it is not to be used, disclosed, reproduced, in whole or in part (including reproduction as a derivative work) or used for any purposes other than those of SES- The Society for Standards Professionals and/or its contracted supplier(s) without prior written consent. No right is granted to disclose or so use any information contained herein. All rights reserved. Any act in violation of applicable law may result in civil and criminal penalties. © 2015 SUPPLIER NAME licensed to the SES- The Society for Standards Professionals.” This should be required in the footer of every subsequent sheet/page of every (virtual) document/slide, etc. “SES-the Society for Standards Professionals Proprietary and Confidential. Use or disclosure of data contained on this sheet is subject to the restriction on the title page.